|Peppermint Schnapps Mocha|
Peppermint Schnapps Mocha (Four-1 cup servings)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa, plus more to sprinkle
3 1/2 cups milk
1 shot peppermint schnapps (Note that peppermint schnapps is a higher proof than most liquors - drink responsibly)
- In a large sauce pan mix sugar and baking cocoa.
- Gradually add milk (1/2 cup at a time) and continually stir until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, continuing to stir to keep smooth. Cook until hot, but do not allow to boil.
- Reduce to low heat and add schnapps (or extract), briefly stir.
- Pour into individual mugs, top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cocoa (or sprinkles)