Monday, January 2, 2012

Corn Bread & Black-eyed Peas

Here's how the corn bread and black-eyed peas turned out.


Corn Bread - I cooked it in a 8x8 pan instead of a skillet

I've made corn bread many times, but this is the first time I did it this way.  Everyone said it was really good; however, I think it was a little dry.  Not overcooked dry, just dry.  Next time I will do my normal trick of adding 1/2 a can of cream style corn to the mix.  That should cure the dryness.

Cooking Peas - may not look delicious; however, these were by far the best I have ever tasted!

I will never cook peas of any kind any other way.  I think I'll delete the extra salt next time; with the chicken broth and bacon the added salt is unnecessary.  

Ok, time to watch the Rose Parade and some college football!  GOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!


No comments:

Post a Comment