|Veggie Lasagna Rolls|
12 lasagna noodles2 tablespoons EVOO
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup mushrooms (portabella recommended)
1 cup of broccoli, use small florets
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (basil, oregano)
1 package (@ 10 oz) frozen cream spinach, cooked as directed on package
1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese per roll
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups tomato sauce (homemade or store bought)
1. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Rinse and set aside in cold water until ready for use. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until transparent. Add garlic, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots and bell peppers and sauté another 5-7 minutes until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cooked cream spinach and Italian seasoning, sauté another 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Pour enough tomato sauce in a 3 qt oven safe casserole dish to coat the bottom (about 1 cup).
4. Pat dry lasagna noodles and set out on a work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta on each noodle and spoon the veggie mixture evenly across each noodle leaving about 1 inch at one end. Sprinkle with mozzarella and roll up the noodle - roll from the full side to the empty side of the noodle. Place each noodle seam down in casserole dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over the dish and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
|Unrolled Veggie Lasagna Roll|
5. Cook for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Add parmesan cheese and cook another 10 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.