|Skillet Pot Pie is Served|
3 slices of bacon
2 large chicken breasts
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped in large pieces
1 yellow onion, chopped in large pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 ounces carrots, chopped in large pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 Pillsbury premade uncooked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons EVOO in cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add bacon when oil begins to swirl. Cook until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Mix paprika, salt and peppers in a small bowl and coat both sides of chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until done; about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and carrots to skillet and cook until onions are transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook additional 1 minute until garlic is aromatic.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add soup and broth. Cook additional 15 minutes.
- While mixture is cooking, chop up bacon in small pieces and chicken in larger chunks. Add to mixture in skillet and cook another10 minutes.
- Unroll premade pie crust and cover skillet. Fold edges into pan and baste with 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Cut 4 small vents in crust.
- Cook in oven 45-50 minutes until crust is brown and contents is bubbly.
|Skillet Pot Pie|